The other day we were putting Christmas decorations away. Yes, just the other day. As I'm handing boxes to my dad who then gave them to bean, then to mom, he handed me a tape. One of those tapes you put mini tapes in. This was like gold in my hands. Something we've been looking for. So I stop putting decorations away and leave that to the rest of the family. I pulled out the home videos :)
This is now a daily thing. All my sisters have gotten texts about some home video. They usually have no idea what i'm talking about, but, oh well. I have laughed to tears a few times over these videos. And I've also learned that none of us girls have changed. Just a few examples: The voice Nicole gets when someone challenges her or she's annoyed; how I HAVE TO know who every present is TO AND FROM; how Brittni loves every present she gets; how Eliza loves following her sisters around; the way moms voice changes when she tells us to get out of her room-she MEANS IT-, how dad always crumples the paper as soon as it's off the present, and how McKinna is so humble about her talents-her swimming: she kicked Butt.
These videos are all I have talked about since I first pulled em' out. They are my favorite things. Most of the videos aren't labeled, so when I pop it in I never know what one it is. But seconds into a clip I often remember. Like Brittni's JFK project, or me and McKinna doing the weather with a snowflake sheet as the "green screen thing" it was snowing in evey place she mentioned; awesome 3000- tons of people passed me and I searched the crowd for mom and dad; Nicole and McKinna's "food show", and so many more.
So far this post means nothing to anybody but me. And maybe a few sisters. But onto something you might care about.
Food.
I hate cooking. I really do. I don't even really enjoy making most desserts. But I helped cook tonight. I picked out a recipe and mom and I bought stuff for it last night. We made roasted pepper penne. Or something. But we used bow tie pasta instead. I love fun pastas :) I was pleasantly surprised because when this whole meal was cooked it didn't smell as delicious. But it sure tasted good! Anyways, this whole night was a miracle. I cooked, I liked what I cooked, and it was a new recipe. Those three rarely happen and never all together!!
Deep thoughts. What do I really need to say? haha
Sister Preece has recently gotten me hooked on these. They are poem like quote ish things they used to have on SNL. Except they aren't inspirational or anything. Just crazy. The other night Me, Sarah, Lizzy, Eliza, and Shayna were making movies and we wanted to put some deep thoughts in. Well there was one in particular I just could not get through. I cracked up every time! here it is...
Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.
-Jack Handey
~your favorite blogger, Katie
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes the videos are windows into the family events that will be remembered forever.
We need to burn them onto DVD's to make them more permanent.
my name is in this story...ifeel so special!
Post a Comment