Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome 2009

Well, we all made it to 2009. The girls (KD & McKinna) had a New Year's eve party at our house. I, being the protective female parental unit, was all for it since I knew where they were, who they were with, and that they would not be out on the roads. Of course I was not ready for the noise level that would be in the house. But you can live through almost anything when you know it won't last forever.
I am not one for New Year's resolutions. If I have to say a resolution I tell everyone that I always live up to mine of not making any!!! Ya, I'm just good like that. There are things that I would like to accomplish, but I am not into setting myself up for a fall.
*I would like to try alot of new recipes from my new Taste of Home cookbook KD gave me for Christmas (Thanks Wendy for helping her with that purchase).
*I would like to figure out how to lift weights correctly and get a flat stomach.
*I would like to better my time at my next marathon (ogden in May)& qualify for Boston, even though I don't know if I would do Boston (hate hills). Although it would be a good excuse to go back East for a visit!!
*I would like to learn how to really use the Garmin 305 I just ordered from Costco.
*I would love to pay off my house, but I am afraid that one is not possible in one year.
*I would like to do a really long bike ride that would take a week to complete.
While there are a lot of other things I would like, those are probably top on my list. As for today - well I would just like to get a good night's sleep.
Happy 2009!!

1 comment:

pigbook1 said...

the protective female parental unit, that was a good one HAHAH. You could do that bike oregon thing, i hear it is a blast and a half!