Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Male Parental Unit

I find it amazing that my children are so animated in their writing. I'm not sure why I am so surprised- they are that way in person. I get much enjoyment in reading their blogging.
We have not given the male parental unit the password to blog yet. I (the female parental unit) am fearful of what he might blog. We all know he is lovable, but crazy , and sometimes has a tendancy to embarrass the rest of us. If one thinks that his words are crazy, you ought to see him try to be cool with his kids. (I think I can hear the girls rolling their eyes). Seriously, though, he is a great husband and an outstanding dad. He works hard, plays hard, and watches episodes of House hard.
He enjoys spending time at the family cabin in Island Park Idaho. He loves to play games with the kids. He teaches math by making up games. He loves to embarrass the girls' friends by asking "Do you have your homework done" as soon as they walk in the door. But in spite of it their friends really like him (maybe even better than their own dads).
Alan is one who always wants to help. He would stop and help every stranded motorist he could. He has taught his girls to help others. When we lived in Salem there was flooding in some parts of the city. Alan took Nicole and they went and filled sandbags. He is always ready and willing to clean up after an event we have attended. And he can seem to get any baby to stop crying.
There are alot of other things we could say about the male parental unit at our house, but we wouldn't want to give him too much ammo to use next time we want to pick on him.

2 comments:

pigbook1 said...

Mom,

You can make this a group blog then nicole/brian and I could all post here too without havign to know your password because we have our own blogger accounts. Just a thought. I can probably help you with that too.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Dad can be embarassing. Like at the airshow, when he started singing "A little bit of Jessica...." to a girl named Jessica who went to school to be a NUN! Or how, evertime he see Christy, he asks if her tatoos have washed off yet. Actually it is more funny than, embarassing.